According to the latest policy of the "2022 Electronic Cigarette Product Description (Certification and Labeling) Order" issued by the Malaysian government, local atomizer manufacturers in Malaysia must apply for SIRIM certification. This new regulation will come into effect on August 3, 2022.
Why did Malaysia enact this new regulation?
1. The main reason is to ensure the quality of electronic atomization related products and the safety of their products.
2. Prohibit the flow of inferior vaping products in the Malaysian market.
The Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs of Malaysia proposes SIRIM certification
1. The SIRIM certification mark should be placed in the electronic atomization equipment, device container or conspicuous position, so that customers can see it more .
2. The meaning of the SIRIM certification mark: The equipment meets the safety standards and can be used normally.
3. "Electronic atomizing equipment" and "spare parts" are mentioned many times, but electronic atomizing bombs are not mentioned. Atomizer bombs should also be emphasized.
August 3, 2022 After the Description of Electronic Cigarette Products (Certification and Labelling) Order 2022 comes into force, what will be the impact of not being SIRIM certified?
1.Atomizer manufacturers, electronic cigarette factories, vape manufacturers, atomizer factories, and vape factories that have not obtained the SIRIM certificate and marking law after the law takes effect will face high fines
2. In the case of personal convictions, you may also face fines or even imprisonment.